Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday, December 27th






Good Morning Everyone! Well we survived the holiday, one down one to go! Life was very busy and I thought of you all often but just never made it to the computer. Steve has been battling an upper respiratory illness and we just found out that Zoe has ear infections in both ears yesterday. Two weeks ago she cut all four bicuspids and was absolutely miserable for a few days. She is now on antibiotics and on her way to recovery. I woke yesterday and felt like a block of cement in the bed. It took a great deal of effort to get up and my body aches, so I may be coming down with something as well. But even with all of that, we still had a fabulous holiday.

I have to thank the Harris family and Robby's friends for making Christmas morning so wonderful. I did not count how many gifts they brought to our house but it was a sight to see them all under the tree. Alex was in heaven, opening one present after another; while Zoe was overwhelmed after two presents and decided to take a break in Daddy's arms.

Christmas Eve was very laid back and easy for the first time in my adult life. Steve and I were in bed by 10 pm!! Alex is afraid of a large, bearded man named Santa in our house on Xmas eve, so we put our Christmas cookies, milk and note outside on the front porch. This year when Alex went to retrieve the plate and glass he discovered a shiny, Superman bike! He was so excited, he was actually speechless for a few seconds.

As you may have all heard, we got socked by a huge snow storm a week ago! Luckily we did not have any place to go so it was pretty tolerable. When the snow stopped we headed outside to start digging out along with the rest of the neighborhood. Before you knew it, there was a "snow bar" set up and Xmas music playing in the streets. I love my neighborhood!! The impromptu party continued into the early afternoon then it was nap time. Steve just told me that another 3 feet is headed our way. I am just glad Alex got lots of new games for Xmas. We have already played the game of "Life" and the "Honey Bee Tree" game.

Robby's friends gave Steve a child carrier/backpack. We are so excited to try it out as soon as possible. It fits children up to 45 pounds and Alex is currently at 30. He has lost 10 pounds! I am very scared that he'll need a feeding tube soon. Tomorrow he starts his chemo again and he has his third MRI. He was supposed to have the MRI today, but the appointment went into a "black hole" somehow and had to be rescheduled. So tomorrow will be a long, long day for Alexander. I'm pretty confident that the tumor will show a decrease in size. He is definitely stronger. Last week during PT, he did a leg press machine, rode a bicycle and hopped in moon shoes! His voice is stronger and he has even started to use his right hand more, not alot but when he gets used to it being able to do what he wants he'll put it to use more often.

Well, I am going to try to attach some photos for you. I hope you enjoy them. Please have a safe and joyous New Year! God Bless!

G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good holiday, You DESERVE it!!! Only 5 more days of this year and then 2007, and with any luck will be a year of good news for us all. Take care and enjoy the rest of your year.

Shantell gutierrez

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed your pictures, Gwen - you did GREAT! Hope you, Steve, Alex and Zoe all enjoy a New Year filled with good news, medical progress, normal routines and the warm, safe arms of each other! Be well, my dear...