Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday, June 11th

Well, the weekend started off with several spa treatments for me. I went to the Coldwater Creek Spa and cashed in my Mother's Day gift of reflexology, facial, massage and pedicure!!! It was awesome, except by the third treatment (facial) I was ancy. My body is not used to sitting still for that long! I really had to force myself to just relax and enjoy it! I highly recommend this spa! It was excellent! A real treat! Try to get there asap!!

Alex and Zoe had a pretty good weekend too. Alex and Steve went to see Spiderman 3 on Sunday, while Zoe and I ran errands. Alex had a choking spell Sunday night that really freaked him out. He has not choked in so long and avoided food and drink until late this morning. We did our best to reassure him that it was just a one time deal but he was so scared. It was heartbreaking. Fortunately, he seems to be doing better. This evening, at dinner, he stated "I think I am doing better. I'm not choking anymore!" We agreed and told him that he most definitely is doing better!! The only bad news is that his drool is back. He brought it up this afternoon; so I know it really is back. =0( My prayer is that it goes away soon and that as he decreases his steroids even more this week that no other symptoms return. Oh PLEASE DEAR LORD, let Alex have a good week, month, summer, YEAR, LIFE!!!

Zoe Grace is just loving school. She came home today and went to the bookshelf and sat down and started "reading" the book. Her teacher said that she sang a verse all by herself today during "circle" time!! She EVEN wanted to wear her big girl underpants!!!! YEAH!!

So Alex has discovered puzzles!! He loves them and is very good at getting them together. I can't tell you how many puzzles we have done and redone over the past week. Right now, he is doing 100 piece puzzles for 5 year olds! He is very proud and it is fun to do with him!

Steve and I were able to go out to a movie on Friday night. We saw "Paris, jetaime" (I think I spelled that right.) Anyway, I can highly recommend this movie. It is a "compilation" film consisting of 15 vignettes (mini-movies) by different directors all set in Paris. It is a real ride! One vignette, is about a mother coping with her young son's death. OMG, I nearly lost it in the theater!! I cried, ALOT, but was able to pull it together. It was so intense! Anyway, not all the vignettes are sad and I think this was a very enjoyable way to spend an evening.

So Steve and I have completed one week on the Slim 4 Life plan. We have lost a combined 19.25 pounds!!! Can you believe it? THis is a serious lifestyle change!! No alcohol, no sugar, low (I mean low) fat and carbs and lots of supplements!! One of the supplements is an intense "energy booster" and the reason I am doing this blog at 10:47p and not sleeping right now. You can just feel yourself zing!! Anyway, I lost 7.25 lbs and Steve 12; so we are stoked. It's weird, I don't miss all of the things that we can't have. Maybe for a second or two but then that goes away and there is something else to do. The food consists of lots of fish, veggies and fruits. The fruits are sooo yummy too!! You eat all during the day so you never really are hungry. But miss a meal and you suffer!!! STeve and I have experienced some low blood sugar moments because we did not eat when we should have. That was not pretty. We'll get better and hopefully smaller!!! Wish us well!

Well, that is it. I had better get to bed. I hope you all are enjoying your summer. Drop me a line! I miss you all!

God bless!
G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are doing great! Gregg is working up to doing a cleanse that requires that he does not drink beer! So maybe we should get together and not drink and eat Fruit! :O Alex is my hero if I haven't mentioned it so far. I truly am in awe of him as I am sure you are too. I think he has truly tapped into his inner wisdom.

Love, T.

Anonymous said...

Wow...congrats on the new eating life style. It sounds as if that is coming along. Sending hugs for you and your family. Hoping that your dreams come true very soon.

Shantell