Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Necessary Ugly, June 26th

Necessary Ugly

She was with her teens,
one boy, one girl
the american dream!

Her venom was viscious,
It filled the air.
She could have killed,
had we not been there.

She never noticed,
she never saw,
my radiation swollen young boy,
nor my awe.

I thought how wonderful,
it would/should be
to be mad about clothes
and not mad about "C".

How lucky she was;
how carefree she could be
but at this time
It was necessary to be ugly
and to just not see.

by: Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got that out! You are a great writer with an even greater message! Get some sleep tonight!!! See you soon :)
~Kerry

Anonymous said...

Perspective. Thanks for showing me perspective this morning. Makes me think of what silly things I have gotten angered about that really don't matter.

hugs from a stranger
Shantell

Anonymous said...

That was a poignant tale of an ungrateful moment in parenthood. It is always good to have a reminder of how lucky we are to have these precious little ones in our lives.
~Annie