Monday, December 03, 2007

Monday, December 3rd - Prayers Please

Good morning. Alex is not doing well. Last night he became very frustrated because he could not drink or eat. He even asked that we do his "thrush swab" so he could eat his dinner. He hates his thrush medicine! Last night he also needed lots of suctioning. It sounds like his lungs are full of fluid. My worst fear may be coming true. That Alex is suffocating! If he has to go, please Dear Lord, don't let him suffer!!! This morning he is on O2, on the couch and resting. His eyes have not opened in the past hour and he no longer has control over his head, legs and his left grip is very weak. It is very difficult to understand him because it sounds like fluid is stuck in his throat. It just comes out very weak and girgly.

Please forgive me for not calling you if you are on our call list. THis is the most time I care to be away from Alex.

Alex had an absolutely wonderful time at the Make a wish Holiday store! With a great deal of effort, my old boss delivered his Power chair to the hospital and Alex was off!!! He loved going fast and doing spins in his chair. Everyone noticed the beautiful smile on the beautiful boy in the fast chair! It was a spectacular time!! Thank you Jerry!!!! You made this possible!!

Please pray for Alex.

God bless!
G

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

We, our family and our community are all praying for Alex. You have all been so brave in sharing your story and you have touched more lives then you can imagine. You are in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers.

The Slaters

Anonymous said...

I am sending prayers of comfort and peace to Alex, and thinking of you all. He will be comforted knowing you are by his side, loving him as always.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

I send my prayers to whatever diety is willing to listen. Take care of yourself, and give Alex and Zoe hugs from me.

Hugs from a stranger
Shantell

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Alex and you Steven and Zoe. I will send strength and peaceful energy too! You have all of our love!
Tina, Gregg, Samantha and Aidan

Anonymous said...

I am sending up prayers of hope to ease any discomfort or fears Alex may be experiencing now.I am also praying for peace for all his family as they struggle through this journey. Alex isn't the only hero in this story. All my love.

Kerry Roberts

Anonymous said...

My constant thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I will just keep picturing the laughing little boy who loves to knock silly blocks and bugs over on his mom!
Love, Kerry

Anonymous said...

Gwen: we are with you today....our thoughts and prayers are sent to you every minute of every day. The Gregg Family

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you, Steve, Zoe Grace, and especially Alex today - and are with you all in spirit.
I wish I had the magic words that would help ease all of this....just know that there are a lot of us who care about you & your beautiful family.

J & K Clark

Anonymous said...

We are sending all our love and prayers.
Elena, Malena and Dean.

Anonymous said...

Warm arms around you all, many wishes for peace and comfort as you take these next steps. Much love and support, Kathy C

cephotos said...

I can only echo everyone's sentiments and tell you all that my thoughts are with you. Please give Alex and Zoe Grace big hugs ... And you and Steve wrap your arms around eachother as well - from me!!!

Anonymous said...

I pray that Alex will be able to experience some comfy and happy times with you today and that laughter will play a part. I pray for strength for every one of you.
I too, echo the sentiments that have come before me.
As always, thank you for sharing your heart and letting us share this with you. I am hugging you all from next door!
Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Our hope, love and prayers are with you, Steve, Zoe and Alex.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I wish for peace and comfort for Alex. May he experience no pain, but instead soak up the joy, love, and happiness of your home and family. Hug each other and keep each other close.
~ Karlyn

Anonymous said...

Gwen, your whole family is our hearts and prayers today (and has been everyday). Be blessed.

Craig, Dianne and Josh

Anonymous said...

Gwen: I hope I could have the right words to say to you and your family, but the only thing I can say is that all of you are heroes, Alex for trying to fight for so long and not giving up, and you guys for supporting him and yourselves through this journey. Alex is a little angel that touched our lives, and hearts. All your family is in our thoughts and prayers, hoping for you guys to get the comfort you need in this moment.

Hugs and prayers for the Kasnoff family.

The Castaneda's family

Dean Steadman said...

Alex is always in our thoughts.

Please continue to take advantage of the amazing support network that you've setup. Outsource everything that isn't about Alex, Zoe and yourselves.