Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday March 24, 2008 - Honeymooners!!






I have no idea if I mentioned this before, but Steve and I are taking a honeymoon (after 7 years of marriage) in California. We left last Thursday and after 15 hours of travel, we arrived in San Francisco. We spent the evening with Steve's sister and her husband. They took us out and on the town in SF!!! I remember having a great time and twisting my ankle. The details though are kinda fuzzy. The next day we went to China Camp and rested at Weber Point. It was beautiful and so quiet. I loved it. We went on a hike the next day and it was just what the doctor ordered. I also discovered that I like to take nature photo shots. I'm having a blast in this lush landscape that is Northern California.

Long story short, Steve left his wallet on top of the car as we were leaving Weber Point and we went to get a bite about 20 minutes away. This is when he realized the wallet was missing and we headed back to Point. We did a thorough search and just as we started to scour the road, Steve's mom called and said "Did you lose your wallet?" A very kind gentleman (and cute!!) had found Steve's wallet in the middle of the road and called the house! We drove back down and met him. We really wanted to buy him a drink but he had things to do. So I must say, the trip has been very interesting so far.

The next thing to happen was that I double booked our second night in CA. I had us in two hotels and so we missed one night at The Gaige House! We have been here two nights now and will leave tomorrow morning. This place is so incredible. The staff upgraded our room to a Zen suite. It has a "geodome" tub that Steve and I can both fit into; a Zen garden, and one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in!! Tomorrow we will head to Mendocino!

So this morning, I was relaxing over breakfast and I felt my muscles actually "release". It was a somewhat painful experience and I commented that my muscles really don't know how to be relaxed. They have been tense for so long!!! Anyway, it is my goal to get them used to this!

I hope you all are having a great day! I know I am!

Gotta love those Angels!!!

Love and God bless!
G

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen, it is so nice to hear you are taking time for yourself and relaxing. I hope you and Steve rediscover each other on your honeymoon. This is awesome.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I have been checking back to see if you have posted lately and was so pleased to read this post. Lucky that such an honest guy found your husband's wallet - nice start to the trip. The hotel sounds incredible. Enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic time in that beautiful place, and give the muscles a chance to relax. Enjoy the honeymoon! Enjoy the great food and wine!
Cheers, Karlyn

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are having a good time. I hope you come home really refreshed.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! You deserve it and it sounds amazing. Continue to relax and enjoy every minute. We send our best. Thanks again for posting.

Jo-Nell

Anonymous said...

Yeah Gwen and Steve! I am so happy to hear that you two are getting some fun time together. You absolutely deserve it!!! Thanks for continuing to share your lives on the blog. I check for updates all of the time. I miss you all, and hope to talk to you soon :) Paul says "hi" too, and we need to have another dinner out on the town!
~Kerry

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks...
So overjoyed to see you "getting away" and enjoying the beauty of the outdoors and nature. No schedules to keep...no one else to think about...just relaxing and "being".

Intimacy is a great thing!!! And none of us reserve enough time to really touch the soul of our mate. Know you are really healing in this time.

Thanks for sharing...we too look every day for entries on the blog.

God Bless....Paul and Dianne