Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday April 4, 2008 - Vacation details






Hi everyone! Well we survived our Honeymoon! It was absolutely FANTASTIC!! The hotel that we stayed at in Mendocino (actually little river) was the location for the movie "Same Time Next Year" with Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn. I have wonderful memories of watching this movie with my mom during my childhood and it truly is one of my favorites. If you have not seen it and are in the mood for a romantic comedy/drama I highly recommend it!!

After Mendocino, Steve drove me to San Francisco to meet my sister and he headed back North to his college fraternity's charter dinner/weekend. My sister and I had a fabulous time in the big city and we realized the first night that while we have been in the same room over the past 18 months; we rarely had any time to be sisters. It was great to reconnect in such a wonderful spot. We stayed at a nice, European hotel in downtown and on Saturday we went to the Japanese Tea Garden. I have such Spring Fever right now. Everything was so lush and green, as you can see by the pictures I have attached.

Zoe and Linda had a great time and Zoe was okay with our absence until we called and reminded her that we were not there. I have to say though, it was wonderful to come home to her and get the biggest, longest hug ever! She even looks taller and her hair is definitely longer! Somewhere over the break, she started this faux crying thing that is just pathetic and actually kinda funny. She pulls it out over the littlest thing and it just seems so strange to see her like that. So I guess the trip did have some effect on her. Overall, I know she had a great time with all of her friends that made it over and set up play dates with her.

Our next challenge is Linda's departure. After six months she has decided it is time to return to her home. We will miss her so much! She plans on returning later in the year but in the mean time she will be missed!

So I want to tell you about the little, green Buddha in the pictures. Do you remember (did I write about) the Buddhist Monk, Eric that came by the house a while back? Well, after talking to Steve and I, Eric came in to meet Alex. At that encounter, he gave Alex that little Buddha. Alex really was not that impressed with the little Buddha since it did not resemble Spider Man at all, but I made sure we kept it around. Ever since Alex passed, I carry that Buddha with me. It dawned on me at the Japanese Tea Garden to actually put it in some pictures since I saw Alex in every beautiful flower and green grove. So I hope you enjoy the pictures. I just may have to travel the world's botanic gardens and publish a book some day!!

Next time, I want to tell you all about the parent support group "Colors of Healing" that we started a while back at Children's Hospital. Right now is not the time, but I will tell you all later.

I hope your Spring is bringing much beauty to you! God bless!

Love, G

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Buddha and am really glad it helps provoke happy memories and peace.

And I'm happy that you guys had such a good time together - and concentrated on treating yourselves well and finding rest.

Take care,
Merri Ann

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful vacation! So glad you had a nice time. The Wolf Fam

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful time for you both. I love the pics with the little Buddha. Hold on to the joys of the trip as you re-enter your regular daily life.
Hugs, Karlyn

Anonymous said...

The Buddha is precious--I love it, and it was a great idea to have it in your pictures.
Northern California is most definitely a place of incredible beauty and healing, one of my most favorite places. Try to hold a piece of it in your heart and mind with the day-to-day craziness!
~Annie

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys today as the snow falls here outside my window at Children's. Seeing the snow slowly fall to the ground reminds me of Alex and makes me think of the beautiful day we celebrated his life. Glad to see you are doing well and you enjoyed California. I think of you often -
Peggy