Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday, September 6th

Good morning. We just dropped Alex off at his new school and it was pretty ugly. I know if he were feeling better he'd be okay with this transition, but since he does not feel well it is all that much more difficult for him. At pick up yesterday, his teacher said that Alex had had a good day except for the last ten minutes when he started to miss me. Today he will stay three hours longer and I am anxious about how he'll do. Hopefully, everything will be just fine. Usually Alex perks right up around other kids.

Steve's parents left this morning. We had a good visit and the house seems very quiet without them here. Linda went to physical therapy with us yesterday and Alex enjoyed showing off for her. He did very well at PT but fell twice yesterday for no apparent reason. I know he was tired, but he has been tired before and not fallen. Steve and I are invited to worry about this, but Linda reminded us that the doctor said it would be six months before we saw real improvement in Alex's presenting issues. So far we have completed two months and I'm still hopeful. It just pains a parent to see your child weak and not able to do the things that other kids can do.

On a lighter note, over the holiday we went to a friend's farm and Alexander got to ride tractors. He had so much fun. It was just what the doctor ordered. He was smiling and excited! It was great. I will do my best to download the pictures soon so I can share those with everyone. They are so great! Thank you Tall Steve and Nadine!

Okay, well the task at hand is to get speech therapy to call me back; establish a schedule for our weeks; and get caught up on all of the household paperwork. I guess I had better get started.

Love to you all! God bless.
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New schools are always a hard thing, especially at this age. Had to do it myself with my 2 year old. Hope that you are able to relax a bit more, and you are in my htoughts today for your chemo. Hope that goes smoothly as well. Hugs coming to you. Shantell