Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday, November 7th

Real quick. Alex became very hoarse and started coughing after an outing to the park, about 5:30PM. The night was absolutely horrible. He was coughing, choking, coughing, choking all night. Needless to say noone got any rest last night except for Zoe. Alex did not have a fever all night so at 6 AM we were up and calling the hospital to find out when Oncology opened. We arrived at Oncology at 8:10AM and Alex was admitted to the hospital around 1PM. I left at 5:30PM and will be returning to spend the night with Alex.

He is being treated for Croup with antibiotics and steroids. He is staying at the hospital so his blood/oxygen levels can be monitored. They are running pretty low. He is absolutely miserable. When I ask him if he is scared, he nods "yes". He cried about going to the hospital, asked several times when we were leaving and cried about going to his room. This is absolutely tearing Steve and me up. We hate to see our little boy so unhappy. Again, I miss his smile.

I know Alex will be better but this feels like retraumatizing. Please pray for his peace and speedy recovery.

God bless.
G

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry he is ill-we are sending get well thoughts his way. I think being in the hospital at any age can be frightening; Alex is a trooper!
--the Tunheims (Annie, Sam, Jackson, and Alex, from MAC)

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts Kasnoff family. Hugs and good mojo coming your way.

Anonymous said...

we are sending our love,
Tina Gregg, Sam and Aidan

Anonymous said...

Gwen, I am sure your hands are extremely full just now. Did Alex get to take the week off from his treatments while being at the hospital? I hope so! A little guy can only deal with so much. I hope you are home tonight snug in your own beds.
Love, Tina