Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday, February 10th

Okay, I am officially DONE! Steve graciously let me sleep in this morning til 9AM at which time I awoke to Alex's screams of pain. I got up, called the hospital and was told to take him to ER. At the ER we were told that the ear pain is "referred pain" caused by the brainstem tumor and luckily the Tylenol we gave him helped significantly. It seems that referred pain in the ear, chest, and neck are common with a nervous system tumor. But, here's the catch, two docs heard a heart murmur and Alex had to have an EKG and chest X-ray to see if the chemo has damaged (reduced size) of his heart. All is okay and the murmur is most likely caused by a decrease in his hemoglobin due to Thursday's chemo.

That's it. I'm exhausted.

God bless or not.
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gwen--I'm glad to hear that, although the ER trip must have been scary and draining, the outcome was okay. We're all continuing to send positive, healthy thoughts your way...
~Annie