Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday, February 14th


Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you all for your lovely comments. I did not even realize I was being hard on myself. I know I hold myself up to a higher standard than anyone else (emotional baggage from childhood) but often I don't realize how pervasive those messages are to my subconscious. So thank you all for seeing what I could not.

So I need some help and decided to ask for it this time instead of fret and worry. For the first time in my life I have a professional hair color/cut appointment. (see short style in picture) I usually color my own hair but my sister's sister-in-law called me up and asked if I could get her a cut/color appointment with my stylist. This is a big step for her because as long as I have known her, her haircut has been the exact same and I have always wanted to do a beauty makeover on this beautiful woman. So I decided to join her and I am pretty excited about it too. But, I need childcare for Alex and Zoe Friday afternoon at 1:40 ish til I don't know when, maybe after dinner. If you know a great babysitter or would like to help out please let me know.

I also have some good news to share!! Denver Options has awarded us $1,500 for respite, medical and other services. So we can now afford to pay for babysitting and go on dates or something like that. So I am more than willing to pay for Friday's childcare. Also, I found a daycare center in Arvada that can take Zoe on Friday mornings while I work. The cost is reasonable and the place is fine. It is not somewhere I would have Zoe on a fulltime basis but for one half day a week it will do. I am on a wait list for a neighborhood childcare facility that is close and has a good reputation. Also, I got a call from the kids' former school and the director has told me that she will find a place for Zoe in September and that the kids can attend summer camp there as well! Wow, this is such a surprise and just great news for the kids. I hope we can swing the summer school tuition and I should be back at work by the beginning of the fall semester. Alex misses his friends so much and has said that he wants to go back to his old school on occasion.

Also, Alex is feeling much better! We went to his doctor appointment on Monday and he was definitely back to his old, smiling, gregarious self! His appetite has returned and when I asked him if he wanted noodles (his usual) for dinner last night he said, "Nope! Tonight I want something different. I want PIZZA!" Well, I am sure most parents are not as thrilled to hear their kids request pizza but sense this shows a new direction for Alex and his tastebuds, we were truly excited and amused. Needless to say, we ordered pizza for the boy! As I review the weekend, I think Alex suffered from a combination of things: overexhaustion, pollution (if you lived here you would know what I mean) , change in altitude, jet lag, and getting reaquainted with being home after a long time away.

So I have decided to focus on the good stuff and really try to practice some gratitude more often. I am also praying that the events of the past few days showing a turnaround for us!

So in closing, I wanted to share with everyone the sentiment I included on our Valentine's Day cards.

"The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." Allan K. Chalmers

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays because it is the celebration of LOVE! I hope you all find happiness and joy today and everyday. I will try my best to do so as well.

God bless.
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
First of all, I'm so happy that we may be seeing Alex back at school! That's great!
I can share our babysitter's contact information with you if you're interested. You can email me at atunheim@hotmail.com. And have a great time getting your hair cut/colored--the style is great.
~Annie Tunheim