Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A Note from Steve

My dear friends,

This is only the 2nd time I've chosen to comment on Gwen's blog but know that over the years I derived much comfort, solace and even words of wisdom from your thoughts and words. Truly Alex's death drew together a strong community of caring souls. I thank you for that.

Now that Gwen and I are in the middle of something common to 75% of all marriages having experienced a child's death due to brain tumor, I hope that your words of encouragement for Gwen her on this blog continue. It is and should remain a source of strength. But please remember that the words written on this blog represent at the most half of an amazing complex and tragic story; not all. Those of you who know the story or truly know me that the events unfolding now do not result from caprice or whimsy or even vanity. I am now morning the loss of my son. There are a few out there who can relate but for the rest, before making comment I want you to put yourself in my shoes.

I want to thank the commenter above for offering comment and advice on a subject of obvious concern and passion. I only wish that they had not used the blanket of anonymity in making such strong statements. Those who truly know and love me understand that I am always willing to hear criticisms and opposing views. Those who truly know and love me, especially a friend, would know not to be afraid to talk to me directly, rather than through the open medium of the blogsphere.


Please, I ask you to use this space in support of my wife, the positives that have built up over the years should not become poisoned by the vitriol of misplaced virtue. If you have something to say to me, say it directly, not here.

Kindest and warmest regards,

Steve

No comments: