Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friday, August 14th-2/3's of a day from HELL!! The Recap.

So I just have to get this down before I forget the details of yesterday. I woke up at 7a and no one else was awake. I went downstairs to wake Steve after making the coffee. I made a stop at the "facilities" before going to wake Zoe and I hear Steve "NO WAY, FU**, FU**!!" I'm mortified and come out saying "What, What, What is it!". Steve's response "We have NO EGGS!" I knew at that moment Steve was needing to be pissed at SOMETHING! So to de-escalate the problem (you see we promised Zoe a big pancake breakfast because her first and only meal until evening would need to be eaten by 7:30am, and we wanted it to be big), I responded "Oh well, we can do waffles." Since it was 7:16am I thought that would work. But Steve's glare was very intense and I felt his displeasure. He glared at me as he made his way out of the kitchen and downstairs. I went to wake Zoe and I got her to the breakfast bar. I asked her if she wanted waffles or cereal and she chose waffles, so I started to prepare them. As I was doing this, I looked inside the Bisquik box and saw some dark spots. Upon investigati0n, it turned out the mix had weebles so I threw it out. Next thing I know, Steve is walking through the front door with a carton of eggs. My heart sank to have to tell him about the weebleful Bisquik and his glare returned quickly! So we finished breakfast and I asked Zoe if she wanted to go to Kidz Club at the gym with me? She put her finger on her chin and looked to the sky and said, "well, maybe I want to . . . GO TO KIDS CLUB!!! I laughed of course and we proceeded to get to the gym.

After a great workout, the instructor, Angela came up to me after I had retrieved Zoe from the Kidz club room and asked "are you okay, you seem a little down today?" I told her to speak to Joshua or Chris to get the details but told her it has to do with Zoe so I can't speak about it here. She agreed and I followed Zoe out of the building. As we headed to the car, I looked over the parking lot to our new liquor store. I considered going to get the beer now or later. I decided to take the "green" option and we just walked across the parking lot into the liquor store. Now you have to know that I really like this new liquor store, but I have been quite vocal about "not being happy" when they run out of Sam Adams Light Beer 12 packs and then sell out of the 6 packs by Saturday afternoons. So I see the gentleman, that usually gets the brunt of my discourse as I walked in the door and said across the store (since we were the only ones there at 10am) "Am I happy?" We both then looked to the beer cases and I saw it there, glowing like a beacon, a 12 pack of SA Light!!! I WAS HAPPY, IT WAS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY!!! As I ran to the precious box, I saw my 2nd favorite beer of the summer, Oskar Blues Brewery's "Mama's Little Yella Pill" so I grabbed a six pack of it too. We paid for our purchase and I filled out a form to get on their email list then Zoe and I walked back across the parking lot which was filling up with the yoga class crowd carrying my treasure proudly and boldly! I was ready if anyone wanted to say something to me!! Just BRING IT ON! I had my "Steve" mode all planned out!

So we get home and there is a message on the home phone. It is Jenny M. from Dr. Foreman's office (Alex's pediatric, neuro-oncologist) saying that "Dr. Foreman wants to see Zoe at 2p today and to call her back asap and that she will call me back too." So I played the message for Steve who was in the garage building Zoe's new bed. We both experienced a spike in anxiety and despair. I think we cried and I know we hypothesized "why would he want to see Zoe?" I told Steve there was NO WAY Zoe was going to see him. Primarily because she remembers Dr. Foreman, he is like a croc wearing Ringo Star but smarter. He is a distinctive character!

Okay, I have to take a break. We are going to go purchase a bike "tag a long" for Zoe. More later!

G

No comments: