Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday, October 16th

Good Morning. Alex went to school Friday and now I am thinking that was a bad idea. Sunday morning at 4 AM, Alex woke up needing to go the restroom. I think that is the first time in his life that that has happened, btw. As I helped him, I noticed that his body was extremely hot. I took his temperature and it was 103.7 degrees. Well anything over 101 and we have to call Oncology. The doctor on call wanted Alex in the ER asap. So Steve took him in. There was a serious issue with two children, one of which died, so Alex and Steve had to wait a couple of hours to be seen. Alex could not have any fever reducing medicine during this time because they wanted to do a blood culture before his fever went down. Long story short, Alex was given some more intravenous antibiotics and sent home at about 7AM.

We have to go to Oncology as soon as he wakes up this morning. It's 8 AM and he is still sleeping. This made for a long day yesterday, but we were still very productive and able to work on the kitchen. So Alex will miss another day of school today. I just hope they can figure out what his body is battling and that he feels better very soon.

Okay well that is it. Alex just woke up and I gotta get things rolling. Hope your day is a good one!

God bless.
G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gwen,
Alex and your whole family is always in my thoughts. I will keep sending you all my energy for healing.
I'm sorry Alex is having a tuff time with fevers. It really puts daily life in a whole new perspective that I will never take forgranted!
Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Checked on you today and found the info on the blog. I hope this finds Alex feeling better and everyone home and happy.