Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday, October 1st

Well, I really do not know how to express how much relief we feel. Thursday night I had a dream in which I was truly happy. I felt content and very full of life. It was weird to wake up and realize the difference between reality and the dream. Since I have tried to redirect my mind back to a state of happiness, contentment and joy. I am trying to see the many wonderful blessings in my life and ignore the negative, inner voices that want to steal my attention. This will take some practice, but hopefully eventually I will get there.

Alex seems to realize that he is getting stronger. I think he feels validated a little as well with the MRI results. I want to get photos of the two MRI's to show him and possibly share with everyone here on the blog.

At Alexander's last play therapy date, he indicated that his self worth is very low right now. The therapist explained that his body has betrayed him and he really doesn't feel good about it. This broke my heart, but again, I have to focus on the fact that Alex is getting help with this and it won't stay like this forever!

Big picture, baby steps, whatever cliche gets me through the hour! I want to send big hugs and kisses to everyone who has helped us along this journey. You know who you are! I love the comments and they keep me going. Please don't stop. I will do my best to keep the blog interesting! =0)

I hope everyone is enjoying some cooler weather and the beauty of autumn. God bless.


XOXO
G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to know that Alexander can understand some of his progress and that all of his hard work is really getting him somewhere!

Your attitude is an amazing example of really appriciating the truth about life. You really get out of it what you make of it. The belief that what you think in your mind has an expression of what makes your reality really escapes most people. They want happiness but don't have a clue why they never seem to get what they desire.

You're right that this kind of thinking takes some discipline and practice but this as an example to Alexander and Zoe will give them an inner strength that most people struggle to "get" in their lifetime.

The courage to talk so honestly about your daily path is what makes this blog interesting and very engaging!

I'd like to take a moment to honor your ability to share the deep side of your story so freely! It really helps us to know the true you!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that things are getting a little better, although some very difficult strides along the way.

Call if we can be of any help.

Susan Aldridge

P.S. what are the plans for Alex's bday!?