Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday, October 29th - Happy Day!

Good Morning! So Alex had a wonderful birthday MONTH thanks to all of you and yesterday was especially nice. At 5a, during a body shift in the big bed, I wished Alex a "Happy Birthday!" He said with awe in his voice, "today is my birthday?" To which I replied, "yes" and he fell asleep with a smile on his face. I got up at 7a to purchase party stuff and donuts! I never thought I would be happy about having a 24 hour Walmart nearby, but it came in handy yesterday. On my way there with the sun rising in a beautiful sky, I felt pure joy. I was so worried that Alex would not be with us on his birthday, but he is and that makes my heart sing. I just need to keep that feeling every day!

sunglasses, When I got home, Alex was awake and ready to open gifts. Yesterday he received SpidermanWII game and t-shirt; Lightning McQueen collector set and racetrack; Transformers t-shirt and movie; a case of silly string; a pirate's chest and a Shining Star Bear that allows Alex to name his own star! That is so cool to me!

All of Alex's friends that could make it with less than 24 hours notice, joined us at Go Paint! for a pottery painting party. Alex had a blast and it looked like so did everyone else. Unfortunately, after the two cupcakes worth of frosting, Alex was quite nauseous. We upped his meds and he did better later in the day.

This weekend was also full of some fun activities with dear friends. I'm ready for a day off!

One last thing, the other day, Alex said he wanted to wake up early to watch the sun rise because "that is the best part of the day." I thought that was so awesome.

Okay, have a wonderful day! I know I will!

Love and God Bless!
G

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Alex had a wonderful birthday, i thought about him all day yesterday. I love you all!
joy

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

We have been so happy to join in with the birthday month celebrations. Esther and Wylie are going to expect cupcakes every time they come over!

Alexander's sweet smiles, witty comments, and wise disposition are a direct reflection of the loving environment he lives in.

I hope you all enjoy this beautiful autumn day.

Crissy

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including us in Alex's birthday celebrations--the kids have thoroughly enjoyed it.
What a special time, to wake up early and watch the sun rise with Alex--he is so, so wonderful! And I love the idea of him naming a star--that is so neat!
~Annie

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! So GREAT to hear the Good Day...Days! Hugs and Kisses all around! Paul

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen,
I am thinking of all of you from my spot here in Mexico. I have sent a couple of replies to your posts, but it doesnt look like they are coming through. I will keep writing, just in case. Give Alex a big Happy BD from me. And continued days of feeling joy to you all.

Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

I kept thinking about you all yesterday... I am thrilled to hear about Alex's wonderful day! Let us know what he names his star...I am too curious! Please give him an extra hug for me...
Heather

cephotos said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!!!! I'm glad it was a great one.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Alex. Sunrise is the best time of the day. I'm glad you had a good Birthday.

DaDoo

Anonymous said...

It was really good to see you guys and we felt so blessed to be able to hang out with Alex on such a special day. Zoe was also a joy to be around. Please give them another kiss for me and let Alex know that his star is certainly one of the brightest to shine in the sky!
Take care,
Melinda, Dean, Madie, and Lily