Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday, October 6th - Counting Days

So it is day break and I can't sleep. Alex is doing okay. I wish he would eat more or any really. We raised his Medazolam up Thursday night because he was so scared about choking and would not sleep due to his fears. He now only wants angel hair pasta (with alfredo sauce) because it is easier to eat.

My mom and stepdad are in town until tomorrow and it has been great to have them around. ZG has turned into a momma's girl lately and I absolutely adore it. She is such a sweet child with such a big spirit. You can't help but be infused and lifted by the energy she puts out.

So I woke up Tuesday morning with the thought that it was 13 days since Alex left the hospital with that "six week window" looming over his head. I can't wait to get to 43 days post and tell the doctors Alex is doing well! I want to make each day count but not in that way!!! I am struggling with this so-called countdown. I try very hard to think of it as a "count up" but it is difficult at times.

I want to thank some more folks. Please know that my mind is not right and if your name is not on these lists, it does not mean that I don't love and adore you. Just that I am exhausted and can't remember my own name at times.

Heartfelt gratitude to our dear friends:
  • Jerry and Martha
  • Susan, Jevin, Emma and Mitchell
  • Diane and Josh
  • John and Nicholas
  • Kerry
  • Peggy
  • Jenny
  • JoAnne
  • Dr. Foreman
  • Wanda
  • Bridget
  • Gayle
  • Katie
  • Linda
  • Christina and the boys!
  • Barbara and Burnsie
  • Ms. Lisa
  • Katrina
  • Kathleen
  • Eric Alexander
  • (and to all of you that read this blog and send us your positive thoughts and comments)!

Okay, well I think that is all I had to say right now. We plan to revive the Play, Pavers and Prayers event. Just not this weekend. Next time, we will set up individual dates with friends so that everyone can have some one on one time with Alex. It should be much more manageable this way.

See you soon!

God bless!
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics on the previous blog. I put them on my desk top slide show. One or the high points of our trip was pushing Alex in the sky chair and him smiling and laughing when he pushed off my belly. I LOVED the counting UP!!! You ALL are in our prayers constantly! Love, Paul & Dianne

Anonymous said...

I hope you all are enjoying these wonderful fall days as a family. Jackson was looking forward to having a play date with Alex at your house--we hope to see you soon!
~Annie

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

We are so glad that you received our poster from Arizona. The photos of Alex laughing and smiling and showing his muscles with Spiderman make us all SMILE. Thank you.

Love,
The Browns