Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday, October 16th - Hard Questions

Good Morning. So yesterday was a very hard day for me. We took the kin to the local aquarium and then out to lunch at Mac Grill. While we were enjoying our lunch, Alex asked me "Mom, how many days until I quit choking?" I responded but the hole in my heart has yet to recover. Somehow this question revealed to me (again) that Alex is very much aware of the changes going on in his body and no matter how hard I try to ignore the facts this is really happening.

I went into a mini depression and I really don't know if I'm out of it yet. Alex really did have a great weekend. He even took three steps on Saturday night, while Steve and I were out on the town. His Nonni said that in all of her time spent with Alex she has never seen him laugh as much as he did on Saturday with his cousins. I think Steve and I should go out on the town more often!!! Anyway, with news and rejuvenation like that I was pretty strong in my hope and faith.

This is really scary and Steve and I have started having discussions no parent should ever have to have. How do you make such decisions when your child is such a bright and shining star in your life and the lives of so many others? I really don't know how to and I REALLY don't WANT to either!!! This sucks on so many levels. Okay, I'm slipping. Must come back!

I'm done here. This spilling of inner thoughts is bringing me down. If anyone knows of a good housekeeper, please let me know. I'm desperate!!

Love and peace to you all.

G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I will come over soon, I promise! But, until then... I have a fantastic house keeper. Iren is her name. I don't know if she is taking on any new homes, but here is her number: 303-421-0648. She comes to my house every other Weds., and should be here next week. Hope this helps!
Heather