Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday, August 20th- G's Diagnosis

Well after three missed appointments, I finally made it to see the compounding pharmacist my doctor recommended I visit after my blood work results came back. After some review, she said that my blood work is that of an exhausted person. Normal cortisone levels should be about 22 in the morning and drop to 4 at bedtime. My mid-morning level was 5. So they call that adrenal fatigue.

She also found that I have high insulin levels so last week when I did not feel like eating right and ate more carbs than usual, I suffered some serious consequences like feeling dizzy, achy and short of breath.

So she wants me to stop my bc pills which cause low progesterone and estrogen levels, depression and shortness of breath. She also said I need to rest, lots of rest, and then more rest. She recommended gentle exercise and some weight lifting. She gave me a book to read so that I can ask some informed questions at our next visit.

Overall, she summed me and my symptoms all up. I am to continue the Slim 4 Life program just without the metabolizers. She said the low carb diet is my ONLY option at this time and losing weight is essential to my long term success.

I am happy to have a diagnosis and a plan. Now to get educated on all of this and implement some changes. Wish me luck!

God bless.
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

So glad that you made it to the doctor and have a clear picture of what was causing all your health issues last week. We will see you tomorrow. Make sure you give a call if you need anything...we are right here!

Crissy and gang