Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday, August 22nd- Worried Oncologist

Hi all, good news first. Steve is home!!!! YEAH!! More good news, it does not seem that Alex has a kidney infection, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow. Bad news, since Alex is not improving "neurologically" his oncologist, Dr. Foreman stated today that "I am worried, not in despair, but definitely worried." Not words you really want to hear as a parent, friend, loved one of such a beautiful wonderful precious boy. Steve took the news hard but I am keeping it at bay and not really feeling it just yet.

If Alex is not able to void his bladder completely by himself tonight then tomorrow I will be taught how to catheterize him and most likely we'll start that every four hours. This is just soooo wrong. I'll do it because it keeps Alex healthy, but just for the record-this sucks!!

Okay, Tina, I called your phone and a guy answered that had found it and said he would leave it for you at the jewelry counter at Macy's. Call me when you can, Alex wants to see the kids! Alex really wants visitors so please feel free to call/come by. We are in room 540, still downtown.

Okay, gotta go. Pray for pee!

God bless!
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

We have been thinking about you all, all day. It was good to talk with you and Alexander this evening. I just realized that we are not going to be able to come for lunch as Esther has here student evaluation from 1:00-2:00. Will call you mid morning.

Hope you all get a good night sleep.

Crissy

Anonymous said...

Gwen you are my cell phone angel!

We can come see Alex on Saturday, but our school day is sooo long til, 3:45. Friday we could come by, but it would just be me and Aidan. I think Alex would rather see Samantha too. Let me know if He'd like to see just Aidan.

I am sooo grateful to you for being in our lives, and sharing your journey with us. You give so much and you don't even know it!
love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gwendolyn, I was just thinking, when you wrote "pray for pee" that, if it is possible, you should try to go to Renee's class at Yogi Escape, which is by the Aveda salon on 32nd. I dropped in to her class once, and not only was it an amazing yoga class (you wrote you were thinking about taking some classes), but, she let us create an intention for ourselves and we offered it up to the gods of healing, and well, it was really healing for me, and it might be a good spritual thing for you with all that is going on with Alex right now. I wish I could come by, but you are always in my thoughts.
joy