Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday, August 16th

Good Morning. I realized that I needed to update the blog last night but just now got around to doing it. Since I was having such anxiety about today's MRI, I called Oncology Monday and spoke to Alex's nurse. I expressed my fears and asked if we could wait until Alex's doctor, Dr. Foreman, actually saw Alex and decided that another MRI is necessary. I just want someone who really knows Alex and understands what he has gone through to make this decision. The nurse agreed and the MRI has been cancelled! We'll see Dr. Foreman tomorrow and make a decision then on how to proceed.

Alex is do pretty well these days. He's resting, eating and in pretty good spirits. I think this can be attributed to two things - sleep (feels safe again) and that he did not get the carboplatin last week. Alex did have a nightmare yesterday during his nap and he has slept with us the last two nights, but Steve and I are willing to do whatever it takes to help him feel secure. He is still aspirating on his food but I think he's getting used to it and it appears that his appetite is back. He has told me twice in the last few days that he is hungry. Whoo hoo!!! Music to my ears! We'll see if any weight has come back tomorrow.

Lil Miss Zoe is awesome, thanks for asking everyone. She doesn't blink an eye when Alex is in a bad mood and tries to take it out on her. She just keeps on him. I am officially a full time Mom now. I know I can do this but it will be a transition for everyone. I've got "prepare a schedule" on my to-do list for me and the kids so we can have some structure. It will be hard though. I will miss seeing the kids, teachers and parents at the old school. I hope to have lots of play dates!

I also want to thank, Pati, Oza and Milan for the wonderful massage! If anyone needs a great massage I know the person! I was in such good spirits afterwards too. Unfortunately, my muscles revolted Sunday and tightened right back up. I guess I will just have to make time for more massages until my body gets used to them! Hee!!

I have booked a flight out to Oklahoma with the kids before Alex starts school. Alex really wants to see his cousin, Evan and it will be good to be around my family for a weekend. I have never flown with two kids before. It should quite an adventure.

Alex has been asked to participate in a charity event at the hospital. He'll have his chemo appointment early and then will get to drive an oversized remote control car around a track with his team consisting of corporate sponsors and local celebrities. He does not know it but at the end of the race, they will give him the car. He just may make it on the news, too. I'll try to remember my camera and take lots of pictures.

Okay, well we have an appointment to meet Alex's new teacher this morning and I have my first dream dinners this evening. I'm looking forward to a good day! Hope yours is just as good.

God bless!
G

No comments: