Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wednesday, August 30th

Home sweet home. Well we had a pretty good trip. The kids did fine on the airplane and they both loved being around their family, especially cousin Evan! My aunt Jennie and Grandfather came by for a visit Sunday. Jennie and I started talking and long story short-we bought her car. The deal was great and we know that she takes excellent care of her cars. So I drove home yesterday with two kids through Kansas. The kids were great. Zoe did not want to get back in the car seat at the last fill up, but we all made it home safe and sound.

A second car is going to make life so much easier for us. Steve no longer has to spend 3 hours on the bus each day and can spend a lot more time with the kids, who miss him. I won't have to drive to pick him up when and if he works late as well. I am so grateful this all worked out.

Alex did very well. He only got cranky late Saturday afternoon which could have been due to the lack of nap. Zoe was a hit with everyone. They all loved seeing her fiesty personality.

Unfortunately, Alex did miss his first two days of school. I kept him home today just to get some rest since we did not go to bed until 11:30 PM CST. He'll start next Tuesday and hopefully a routine will get established soon. I am spending the day getting the house in order for a visit from Steve's parents. They recently moved to Yelm, Washington and decided to drive to Colorado for a visit. It will be nice to have the guest apartment downstairs for them.

Okay, well I have to get going. Wish us luck tomorrow at the chemo appointment. I have a lot of questions for the doctors, but generally, I would say Alex is improving. I just see that we have a long road ahead of us.

Take care and God bless.
G

No comments: