Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday, January 14th

Hi everyone, after much ado, Steve has agreed to get a DOG!!! I put an appliacation in for Sheba this morning and can't wait to hear back!! I think what got Steve off the fence besides my excellent skills of persuasion was Alex asking Steve "Daddy, can we get a dog today?". Steve just looked at me but I had not said a word about it and then went downstairs. When he came back upstairs, he stated "we can get a dog"!! I am so psyched. I hope this all works out well for everyone.

BTW, today is an anniversary, of sorts, for us. Seven years ago today, Steve answered my email from match.com. Yes that is how we met. I had lived in my first home in OKC for one year and thrown out all of my boxes for my clocks, china, etc. because I was never going to move again. I was not interested in going out (been there, done that) and found myself hanging out with a small group of friends, mostly couples. Anyway, there was a front page article in the OKC Gazette (similar to our Westword) about internet dating and they stated that match.com was the best; so I signed up for a 14 day free trial.

Well since I don't believe in long distance relationships, I put in a 10 mile radius of my home. Well, being 30ish, single, never been married, childless, and resembling a sore thumb; the only matches I got within 10 miles were for married men! Yes, married men openly sign up for these sites! I was appalled, so I put in 500 miles thinking that will get me to Colorado (my family's favorite vacation destination). With that expanded search, I got 500 matches and started going through the men with pictures. I found Steve's profile and his picture with him holding a baby (his nephew). I wrote to him asking if he debated between using a baby or a puppy for his photo and I guess I made him laugh. Long story, longer, he wrote back the next day (Jan. 14, 2000) and I moved from OKC three and a half months later to be with him. One year later, he proposed and we were married 8 months after that. Four months after that, we bought this home and nearly eleven months later, Alex was born! I never believed in "love at first sight" or "fairy tale stories" or being swept off my feet, but after meeting Steve I just had to shut up. He charmed the socks off of me and I am so happy that he is my husband today.

Okay, enough mushy stuff. Wish us luck with Sheba. She is still listed on the Pet Pals website and all of our fingers are crossed!

Stay warm and God bless.

G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news! I am very, very excited for you, and I know the anxiety you must be feeling as you wait to hear back about a dog you have already fallen in love with. Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing about you welcoming little Sheba into your home.
~Annie Tunheim

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And I like the mushy sappy stuff, so keep it coming. :o)

Shantell

Anonymous said...

Gooey is good, go with it! Good luck for the new Doggy, Zoe will love it too!