Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday, January 18th





























Hi everyone! Well we have a new Kasnoff in the household. Her name is Roxie and she is 10 weeks old and weighs about 10 pounds. I had to let my dreams of Sheba go. Roxie is half boxer, quarter lab, and quarter bloodhound. She is a cutie too and very sweet.

Monday we headed North about an hour or so out of town to see Monica, a 13 month old boxer. She was very nice and a beautiful dog but both of the kids were scared to death of her. Steve and I decided she was not the one. On the way back we stopped in another town to check out some lab puppies. Well, the lab puppies were cute but a mix with an Australian Sheperd and we just don't have the room for any sheperd types around here. But it was at this stop that we saw Roxie and her sister. We really liked them and decided to go have dinner and think it over. Well we decided she was a go, and we picked her up and headed home.

Needless to say, Roxie is not housetrained yet. And Steve and I are not puppy trained either. We came inside and put Roxie down and started putting the kids to bed. Well, Roxie was quite nervous and it showed! Let's just leave it at that. Luckily we have all become quickly acquainted with one another and I am happy to report Roxie is doing much better as long as we pay attention to her!

Alex and Zoe are still getting used to having a puppy around. Rox knocks Zoe down and Zoe does not care for this much! Alex thinks Roxie is going to bite him when she sniffs and plays. He does not like it when she jumps up on him and gets his balance off kilter. Yesterday, the kids and I took Rox on her first walk around the block. Rox did not like the cars and would just stop every time a car came by us. Today's walk will be on a less traveled street.

I am so happy to have this puppy. I know walking her everyday (deal made with Alex prior to rescue) will be good for all of us. There are days when the only sun that hits my face is while I am driving! That is just not right!

Well, Alex had his last chemo until February 8th today. He did very well and we are looking forward to the break. Zoe and I spent some time in a bookstore yesterday spending some gift cards we received over the holidays, so I am hoping to get some reading in soon. The only negative that happened since the last post was that Zoe's playmate on Wednesday's and Friday's has changed his school schedule and he won't be able to come over any more or see Zoe on Friday's at his home. I am so bummed about this. I called the school yesterday to find out if they had saved Zoe a spot for the fall semester and found out that they had not and were completely full. I am going to tour another school tomorrow morning with Zoe, but they too are full and our chances of getting in are slim. If anyone knows of a family that wants to baby swap on weekday mornings please let me know. Zoe needs to be around kids her own age and I feel she is being slighted because she is not in school/daycare right now. This is hard for me as her mom and I am racking my brain to figure out a way to resolve this situation. Suggestions are always welcome!

Well, I better go. Alex is up and we are waiting on Zoe to rise from her nap to go on our walk! Hope your day is a good one!

God Bless,

G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roxie is adorable, and I think after an adjustment period, Alex and Zoe will really enjoy having Roxie in their lives. As for puppyhood, brace yourselves--friends of ours said the first few weeks they had their puppy, they would hold each other and cry at night! haha We reminded ourselves of that when we were raising our Winston, which was before kids. It can be pretty bad sometimes but the tradeoff is knowing your dog when it is just a baby, which creates precious memories. I'm happy for you and your family--enjoy the sunshine and the walks!
~Annie Tunheim