Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday, March 12th







Good Afternoon,

Well it is incredible what you can do when you are not in pain!! You should have seen me Friday. I cleaned up the front and back patios, set up the patio furniture, moved the kids play area out and picked up all of Roxie's poop (sorry, tmi?) Steve came home and I was bounding (yes! bounding) down the stairs to do laundry. I thought I was just having a really good day and enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warmer weather. Steve pointed out that being pain free probably had as much to do with it as anything. Well, just to finish the topic, I spent over $100 on some great shoes, got more ultrasound today and purchased some foam cushions. I am ready and set to walk around Orlando for five days!! Wish me luck!

On a completely different topic, I recently joined a neighborhood online community. It primarily consists of neighborhood moms posting information on all sorts of things from playdates, consignment sales, recommendation for services, list of great restaurants, to warnings about strange persons in the area. I love it. Well, last week a mom posted a plea for a one month rental. Long story short, we will have a family of four in the apartment for at least one month, maybe two. It works out as a mutually beneficial arrangement. They get to stay in town and together while finding their next home; and we get some extra income. We signed a lease today and move-in is right around the corner! I am happy to be able to help out as well as to get a break from the financial stressors we are under. Those hospital bills just keep on coming!

Okay, I also have to say that the massages were wonderful, absolutely fantastic. Steve said it was the best one he had ever had. I was wrong when I stated it was his first, obviously. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning with the same knot in my shoulder. AUGHH! I guess you can't have it all!

Well, I just entered the kids in a photo contest. I have downloaded some of the pics for this post. I don't really care if they win, just thought it would be fun.

Alex and Zoe are doing very well except for the lack of sleep caused by Daylight Savings Time change. I hope we get this all worked out, but I'm pretty sure our sleep schedules will be completely turned upside down in Orlando. Oh well, this is a once in a lifetime event, I'm not going to fret over bedtimes!!

We are all so excited about the trip. I can't wait!

God bless,
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fantastic to hear so much energy and happiness behind your words. I think after the long winter, the Spring bug has hit everyone and has renewed a vibrance in our lives.
Disney will be a trip of a lifetime--growing up in Florida, I went there for many vacations when friends would visit, and Disney is truly a magical place for children. Enjoy seeing it through the kids' eyes--have a great trip!
~Annie Tunheim

Anonymous said...

Yeah for no pain!! Woo hoo. Those are great pictures of the kids, and I am so jealous that you were so po productive over the weekend. Hope the rest of your week continues to be as upbeat as the start.

hugs,
Shantell Gutierrez

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic trip to Orlando! We look forward to hearing all about it, and let's try to get the boys together soon. Vikram would love some playtime with Alex.
Hugs from Karlyn