Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday, March 28th pt. 2

I can't sleep. My mind is racing even though I am tired and yawning as I type. Our consult with the neurosurgeon is tomorrow morning at 9am. He will tell us how secure he is with doing another biopsy without losing Alex's life. As I said, this new IT is centrally located on the brain stem so we know surgery is very risky already. What if they can't operate and get a biopsy? Do we start radiation? They told us when deciding about the first surgery that misdiagnosis/mistreatment could severely affect survival rates. They also told us that radiating a JPA tumor (#1) would "anger" it. So where does that leave us?

I don't even know what to pray for right now.

G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I pray that the answers you receive today will guide you and Steve on a path that you feel comfortable with, and most of all, that you will receive reassuring news.
~Annie Tunheim

Anonymous said...

Gwen, I am praying for you and especially Alex! I have not read the blog since March 12th. I feel I have let you down since I was not aware of things that have been happening. I think that we need a net work to wake some of us up when the need arises! Per haps we could set up a phone tree to help out when we can see a need that "needs" to be filled! I want to say I am available to watch Zoe at a moments notice! I am also able to get an extra car seat in my car if she needs a pick up, same goes for Alex , I recently purchased an extra booster seat for play dates. I am here for you all!
Love, Tina