Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday, March 1st

Hello. Well the retreat was a success and nice break. We bonded, learned, dined, wined, danced and even karaoked!!! I had a beautiful suite at La Posada in Santa Fe with a small fireplace that was blazing every night. Steve, Alex and Zoe sent me a beautiful floral bouquet the first full day I was there. I felt so very pampered and special. Unfortunately, I had a lot of trouble sleeping. Imagine that? The first time in YEARS that I have an opportunity for uninterrupted sleep and I can't do it. I know this sounds weird, but I usually fall asleep to Steve's nocturnal songs (snoring) and without them I was tossing and turning and just not sleeping! I guess we really are made for each other!!

Well Steve did great with the kids by himself. They had dinner with friends Friday night and brunch with neighbors Sunday morning. I called alot and Alex was fine every day except Sunday. He could not talk to me on Sunday, because he was crying for me too hard. =0(

I almost gave up my seat on the airplane home but fortunately for everyone that did not have to happen. Alex was happy to see me, but also happy to get all of his booty from the trip. Zoe was happy to see me too! And needless to say, so was Steve. It was nice to be missed and very nice to be home.

This week has been a good one. I met another mom that is willing and able to child swap with Zoe and me each week. Zoe started a tumbling class at a neighborhood center and hopefully she overcome her newfound shyness and enjoy the classes more each week. Yesterday, I took Zoe to the doctor. She had a fever the night before and they found an ear infection. I think she is starting to feel better and we are all very happy it is nothing more than that.

Alex was supposed to have chemo today, but since his pulse/ox was low, they did a chest Xray and found that the pneumonia in his right midlobe has worsened. So he has been put on oxygen and we are to begin "pounding" his back and ribs to loosen him up. We knew something was up and I told the intake nurse that his pulse/ox were probably going to be low. He had a very hard time at PT and OT this week. He just had very little energy for any extracurricular activities. Hopefully we will get this resolved in the very near future! Wish us well.

So we are 16 days from our Make-A-Wish trip!! I am starting to get very excited about this and so is Alex. It will be so nice to be away and having fun, especially with my sis and her family! I can't wait.

So, besides the fact that our lil puppy increases size every day, all is well on the puppy front. Roxie is going to be HUGE!! What was I thinking?? Oh well, she is a sweety and really a very good dog. We still need to follow up with some obedience training, but she's so smart, it will be a cinch!

Okay, gotta go take advantage of the kids' nap time. Thank you all for following along on this journey and for your kind words.

God bless,
G

No comments: