Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday, March 26th

So this is the blog, I don't want to write and you do not want to read. Dr. Foreman's office called this morning at 10:15a, right before we were heading out for a sick appointment for me (gotta a flu or something). They wanted to schedule a time for Steve and I to come in and meet with Dr. Foreman (Pediatric Oncologist). We set a time for noon. So when Dr. F saw us, he asked us how Alex was doing. Besides the facial paralysis we really have not noticed anything getting worse. His assistant, then took the kids to the waiting room to play and he showed us Alex's MRI from Friday. He said the doc that looked at it was correct to say there was no change in the JPA tumor that he is being treated for. But he also said with experience you learn to look at the scan to see what it shows otherwise. Well, since January a new growth has shown up on the scan. It is centrally located on the brain stem and is not imaging the same as the JPA. Dr. F said he has never seen a ganglioma do this before and therefore can not tell us what this means. The plan is to have a spectrograph (special MRI) done asap to get a chemical footprint of this tumor. It is a very tricky MRI to do successfully and if it does not go well or if it does then another brain biopsy may need to be done. If this needs to be biopsied it will be an even more dangerous and difficult surgery than the first one since this is located directly on the brain stem. I just found out the MRI will be tomorrow morning at 8a.

We feel like we are back at the very beginning of this ordeal when everything was unknown and all we tried to do was not go crazy speculating on the what ifs. All I can ask of you is to pray for my dear, precious, beautiful boy. Don't let this be another tumor that can not be treated. The doctor speculated that we may end up doing chemo and radiation at the same time. I just want Alex well and to watch him grow up and get to be a kid. Is that too much? He is my life, my love, my baby!! I won't give him up without a fight!

Alex asked his dad why he was crying. Steve said he was having a bad day. Alex asked why. Steve said because the bump is bigger. Alex said, "Ahhh man, I have to fight it all over again". This is the spirit I need you to pray for. For me, Steve and Zoe. Give us Grace, hope, LIFE!!

God bless,
G

2 comments:

Mama Beck said...

God Bless your family. May He send His angels to surround you with healing and comforting love. I pray for you daily, each time I come to read your blog.

Anonymous said...

I am sending all thoughts, prayers, and angels that will listen to me, to you and your family. Hug both Zoe and Alex for me, and know you are in a strangers thoughts.

Shantell Gutierrez