Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday, March 27th

Thank you all for all of your prayers and well wishes. Today's scans were good and "not compatible with a high grade tumor", which would have been fatal. So that is GREAT news! Also the spinal scan showed everything is okay there as well! Unfortunately, we still do not know what IT is! Since low grade tumors and normal brain matter are so similar; it is very difficult to tell if this is another low grade tumor that is growing during chemo, which would lead to radiation. Or it could be brain swelling due to the chemo. I don't think we discussed what would happen then.

The next step is to have Dr. Handler, the pediatric neurosurgeon, look at the scans, assess the technical difficulty of getting a biopsy and discussing that with Steve and me on Thursday.

So, I have to say my prayers for today were answered in the best possible way. I am pretty numb, exhausted and ready to eat the pizza Steve just ordered (our favorite comfort food). So I bid you ado.

God bless, Keep those prayers coming!
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
Your family is in my thoughts and I am so happy that the latest tests have ruled out the worst case scenario. More healthy, positive thoughts are coming your way! By the way, I voted for Zoe--she is adorable!
~Annie Tunheim