Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday, March 8th

Okay, it is official. I need a vacation! I just woke from a nap at 2:41 and realized that I had missed Alex's time for pick up at the school. I frantically rushed into the nursery to get Zoe and saw Alex in his bed sleeping! Then I remembered that I had picked Alex up and we had lunch at McD's then everybody went down for their quiet time. Well, relief does not quite describe how I felt!

Yesterday afternoon I got a chill in my bones that no amount of blankets could warm. Turns out I was running a fever. I took some Nyquil when Steve got home, but that did not help me sleep. Steve is a loud cook when in the kitchen. So I got up and laid on the couch for a while. I had not eaten yesterday so Steve made some soup and sandwich for me. The soup made me sweat but tasted yummy. Needless to say, I was pretty worthless last night.

I woke up feeling pretty crummy from such a bad's night rest. I was covered in sweat from head to toe. A shower never felt so good! I took some Airborne and IB and got Alex to school. Then I had a much needed appointment with a podiatrist. He was able to relieve my heel pain and made me a set of orthotics as well. I told him I'd take a whole new pair of feet if he had them. I'm just ecstatic not to be in pain (well at least not in my heel). Now I need to get rid of this knot in my right shoulder!

Well, Alex was taken off the oxygen Monday. He seems to be back to his old fun, happy self. We bought him a very good pair of shoes this past weekend and he seems to be doing well with them. He is disappointed that they don't light up though!

Yesterday, Zoe had her playdate with Melena in our home. We all went for a walk (girls in double stroller) with Roxie around the lake. Then they played for a while at the park. The next activity was to destroy the play room which is what a play room is for I guess. I then took the girls outside and set up the play set for them. They had a blast and loved the sunshine. We are having beautiful weather right now and everyone is very grateful for it. I think Zoe and Melena are going to be great friends. Tomorrow Zoe will be at her house for the morning while I go to work and Alex is in school. I am so grateful I don't have to put her in that child care facility that was subpar to my standards and going to cost us more than our budget could handle. Thank you, thank you, thank you dear Lord!

Well, I am going to go try and get my wits about me. Wish me luck!

God bless!
G

No comments: