Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday, July 23rd-What a Weekend!

Good Morning. Wow, am I glad that is over! Let's start from the beginning. I got into a real FUNK Thursday afternoon. I think it was a premonition of things to come. Friday I went to work and spent a good portion of the day fighting with Steve. That just means loud voices (which I hate) and harsh words. Again, probably just because we had the time to finally fight about some things and to prepare ourselves for Saturday. Friday night we made amends and went to a concert at the local botanic gardens. It was a lovely evening but one of overindulgence and I paid that price as well.

So Saturday comes and we decide to do a pay-for-view of "The Last Mimzy" (good movie, not for four year olds) because Alex has a horrible headache that is not going away with the new Rx. Then Alex decides he wants to color while I make lunch. After just a few minutes, Alex is frustrated and shoves his coloring page away. I ask him "what is wrong". He replies, "My eyes are dizzy; I have double vision." Can you say OH SHIT? So off we go to the ER.

Double vision is a brand new neurological symptom and not something we want right now. Long story, longer. Alex has a CT (came back stable), they want an MRI but can't get a radiologist. Seems an MRI is a very political event and our doctor (who has the pull) is out of the country right now. So Alex may have one today or tomorrow. Alex has not reported more double vision since we came home, but I'm not so sure he would at this time anyway. His headaches continue though.

Our prayer now is that the double vision is caused by the headaches. We want to talk to Dr. F (returns tomorrow) before we do an MRI (just don't really know it is necessary) so I really don't know what this week holds in store for us.

In other news, Zoe had a wonderful weekend with her best friend and her folks. They took ZG at a moment's notice on Saturday and also Sunday afternoon. We had planned a family concert event but it was too hot for Alex to be outside so they took ZG to the event. I have to say I missed her though.

Okay, well that is all I really want to say at this time. Prayers welcome and appreciated!

God bless.
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I hope Monday brings a fresh start to your week--I hate loud words, too, and it is hard for couples not to take stress out on each other. Whenever I start in on Sam about a million little things, he is great about asking what is really going on inside me.
It is a shame that it has been so hot that it is difficult to enjoy all that Denver has to offer in the summer. We were planning on going to Jazz in the Park last night but I just couldn't bear the thought of the heat.
Today, I am hoping for headaches being the culprit of Alex's discomfort, and also for some relief so he can get back to coloring.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

Hoping this finds you with some good news.

hugs from a stranger
Shan

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I hope you get some better news from the docs this time. I'm sending you hugs and positive thoughts from Seattle this time, as we're settling into our new home. I wish we could be closer to offer more support, but know that I'm thinking about you.
Karlyn