Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday July3rd "Oh Happy Day!!!

Great news!!! It is just temporary swelling! No holes in brainstem, no tumor growth, just normal swelling due to dying tumor cells!!!

OH WHAT A FEELING!!! JOY JOY JOY!!!

Thank you all for your prayers!! Alex is still at the hospital and has had his first dose of decreased steroids (still an adult dose though). The doc wants to see what happens tonight. He may be sent home tomorrow. He may get a hospital bed to sleep in or a cpap (keeps air ways open while sleeping). Just don' t know right now.

Steve is with Alex now. I came home to see Ms. ZG. I miss her so and have not seen her since yesterday morning.

Oh, what a wonderful feeling. FINALLY, GOOD NEWS, A BREAK, A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!

I'm going to go chill now and enjoy this moment!

God bless you all!!!
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful, wonderful news, Gwen!! I am so happy for you and your family--have a wonderful holiday, and I hope Alex gets a chance to see some fireworks. If not, I'm sure you all will have a celebration of your own for this step forward.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

I can't tell you how wonderful this news is to me as well. What a relief! I share your joy and wish you guys all the best. You are always in my thoughts.

Merri Ann
p.s.
I'm a former Requisite support robot, and met you at Ben's memorial.

Dean Steadman said...

Woot! Very happy to hear the good news. It's always scary when you're dealing with the balance between too much necrosis and not enough necrosis.

Keep taking care of yourselves and thanks for keeping us updated.