Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday, July 2nd, 12:11pm

The doc says Alex's symptoms are classic of brainstem neucrosis (sp?) (aka: dying due to radiation). Since the brainstem controls breathing and heart rate, he wants to monitor Alex over the next 24-48 hours. So Steve and Alex are at the hospital now waiting for the room to be prepared. Doc says Alex "looks good" (better than he expected) and is not that worried. He says the time to worry is if we are still dealing with this at 6-9 months. I think he backed off on his "alert level" because he could see how upset I was.

Alex will be in Room 550 at Children's. Feel free to call or come by later. If someone could bring a rocket ship that lights up and makes noises, Alex would be most appreciative. He saw one last night at a fireworks show and really, really wants one now. I'll pay you back!

I have been ordered to sleep. So I am going to rest now. Thank you all for your prayers. Keep them coming!!

God bless!
G

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have someone in your life ordering you to rest--that is good! I will keep my eye out for rockets that light up and make noises, or other things to keep him busy these next couple of days.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

I've got the Rocket ship. Healing thoughts your way!
Katy

Anonymous said...

We don't have a rocket ship, but do have a Lighting McQueen outfit. Let us know what time is good to stop by the hopsital (if Alex wants company today).

Crissy

Anonymous said...

Gwen, We are sending prayers and love! I would like to come by the Hospital tomorrow (Tues)morning around 10:45. I'll call to check if Alex feels like guests, maybe I can bring a craft for the kids to do together, Model magic or something not too messy.
Love, Tina