Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday, Sept. 14th- Anger = POWER!!!

Good Morning. Since the last post, I was able to vent to my sis and Steve and I decided to make an "Alex, Read Me" data sheet with all of his pertinent info on it. Then I went immediately to Oncology and asked that Alex's meds be reviewed and that they figure out some way for him to take any necessary meds through his Broviac line. Dr. F's nurse said "Okay, we'll just request that". To which I said, "but we asked Foreman about that a week ago and he said "no"." "Oh, well, we'll convince him." Then Dr. F walked by and Jennie asked if it was okay to go to all IV meds and he said "sure!" Then I asked that a suction machine be sent home with us and she said she could make that happen too.

I'll write more later, but this is taking forever because my machine needs a reboot. Alex did okay this afternoon (had some friends in) but once night came, it started again. He was able to get some rest, but not much. Steve is with him now. I will be at the airport at 6:30 AM to fetch my sis and her family and so I need to rest.

TTFN,
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwen-
Did you ever see the film or read the book "Fried Green Tomatoes"? You reminded me of it - you are having a "Tawanda" moment! I'm so glad you were able to feel some power in all that is hapening.
I hope you & Steph can have some strong time together.
Love,
Kathy