Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday, September 5th - Prasie the pee! and email for Alex

Hi everyone, life has been so busy lately and you'll notice this post is being done at 3AM. Linda arrives today and we are all so excited to have her here!! Alex has had a really good week plus since he left the hospital. The pee prayers really worked and we are all very happy about that! Last Friday we learned how literally Alex had taken the request to "pee once a day". It was late and he had had alot of water that day (weird, very strange) and I asked him if he needed to pee so he could get a good night's rest. He said he had already peed that day and had to wait until morning! Too cute huh? Well, we have since made ourselves more clear and are even getting more pee!

You may think (or wish) I were done with the pee stories, but I have one more! At a recent bedtime, Steve and I were talking to ZG about peeing in the potty. Alex chimed in and said "but Mommy, Zoe can't pee in the potty. She doesn't have a penis yet." Ohhhh, the inner workings of children's minds! Okay, now I am done with the pee stories!

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. We sure did. On Friday night, Steve decided he was not quite up to going to the botanic gardens concert so I took Zoe and our friend (and bridesmaid) Heather. It was a great night even though we got rained out and the music did not start until 9 PM. Zoe was AWESOME!! She loved being out with the girls! At one point, late in the evening (read exhausted and trying to keep moving) Zoe was alternating huge hugs between Heather and me! It was great! She has always been such a cuddle bunny. Ever since, we have been very snuggly and I love it! Nothing like a little girl hug!

While we were at the concert, Steve and Alex decided to go hang on the front lawn and watch clouds. Soon many neighbors showed up and it sounds like a mini-party may have occurred. Everyone says that seeing STeve laying on his back with Alex doing the same just gazing at the clouds was heart warming and very touching. Our neighbor, Cydney brought Alex a dragon all the way from Germany. Steve (my D&D geek) got to tell Alex more about dragons and their magic. Alex wanted to know where the button was for the magic! Cydney told me later that she had a soul sharing experience with Alex that night as well. As she was leaving, she turned and said "Alex" while giving the "peace sign". She said that without a blink and in the most sincere manner, Alex just put up his hand and returned the gesture. Her accounting of this experience is quite moving and I can't do it justice here, regardless Alex has a new "soul mate" and so does Cydney!

Then Saturday, STeve announced that he was going to build the swing arbor for the play area. He dug four, five foot holes that day and had enough energy to go out with the neighbors. We had a fabulous dinner with six of our friends and it felt great! The conversation was lively and at times boisterous. The food was divine and it was great getting off the block with everyone and really making some wonderful connections. Thank you Crissy for arranging it; thank you Kathy for babysitting; and Courtney and Steve we'll just have to do it all again when you are in town!

Sunday was spent pouring cement and putting in posts after a wonderful brunch with some more friends from the school. I did backup work and picked up a dresser I found on craigslist.org! Gotta love it, fifty bucks and Linda now has a really cool dresser and mirror! Alex got a play date with his bestest friend, Esther and ZG had some racing fun with her brother Wiley! These kids are just too cute!

Monday, with help from Kelly and Brook (my friend-in-laws, so to speak), I was able to start organizing the downstairs and Steve got some cross beams on the arbor. It was great spending time with K and B who also brought their son, Zack and his friend Elise to play with the kids. Our house was full of love and laughter!

The only thing I would change about such a wonderful holiday is the fact that Alex started really having trouble with his swallow. I think he had a sore throat; but the chokes were unwelcomed and discomforting reminders of our situation. Maybe we needed that? I doubt it! Anyhoo, I took Alex to the doc, Tuesday morning, and he said that Alex seems stronger and really is "in the best shape ever"!!!! I agreed and we soon left! He said Alex's throat was a little red, but to just keep giving him pain reliever for that and all should be fine. Knock on wood.

So last Friday, was my last day with my employer. I'm not upset by this, so please don't feel bad for me. This company has been the best one I have EVER worked for and I will miss my friends and coworkers very much. The good part is that now I won't feel guilty about being so "unavailable" and am free to meet my family (and my) needs. I get to focus strictly on being a good Mom, wife, person and daughter-in-law. Who knows, when Alex is free of this, I may just return! Thank you Jerry, Judge Dana and Judge Neighbors for creating such a wonderful workplace. Hopefully, I'll be able to stop in and have lunch sometimes!

Okay, well that is all! Now perhaps I can go back to bed and rest having got this all off my chest! Keep those wonderful prayers coming! (Diane, I got your letter today, but have not had a chance to finish it. Hopefully soon!) Also, if anyone wants to send Alex an email message, picture or funny story feel free to send it to fightthebump@comcast.net ! Have a great day!

God bless!
G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
T.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had a nice weekend. Sounds like it was wonderful! Great family times to enjoy together. Cheers, Karlyn