Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday, Sept. 12th

Had a pleasant evening with many friends. At bedtime, Alex had a panic attack or something that caused him to choke and spit up while just sitting. Dr. F said take him in so we went to the ER with our neighbor Ben. By the time Alex arrived he was feeling better but still struggling with his swallow. I asked him several times if he really wanted to go inside and he always said "yes". Long story short, two hours later we were sent home after Alex took half of a Tylenol 3 tab. He is still sleeping as is ZG.

I want to thank everyone for coming by last night. It is so great to have support around you. I also want to apologize for the breakdown. I realized that I had not taken my AM Rx and after Alex's play therapist called and said she would come by this morning to see Alex, I just lost it. It hit me how very special Alex is to so many people and how absolutely unjust this is for us and so many people that love us.

The sinkhole is growing and I feel its gravitational pull more and more. I also hold onto my hope and know that now is not the time to sink. That will come. I just pray that I can get out at some point afterwards.

So today the neurosurgeon will put a hole in the floor of Alex's third brain ventricle. This will hopefully allow fluid to flow more freely and relieve the hydrocephalus and pressure on Alex's lower brain which we pray is what is causing these new, more severe symptoms. If this does not work then an internal shunt from the brain to his stomach will be put in and if that does not work we will have to discuss resection (removal of the tumor). Dr. Handler says that with the new "data points" we are in a whole new ball game and these types of tumors can actually be removed from the brainstem (leaving a hole) and the child do just fine. It is possible he said believe it or not. So there it is.

Gotta get this day going. Love to you all. Send us strength, peace, healing and energy to avoid error. Call me on my mobile if you want to see Alex at the hospital.

GB,
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending our love. Will talk with you later today. Crissy and gang