Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday, July 28th

I woke up this morning more rested than I have been in a long while. Alex was in the bed and Steve was gone. I vaguely recall Alex tapping me on the shoulder asking if he could sleep in the big bed. I do recall being up with him twice in 15 minutes after turning off the light at 11pm and being very frustrated. Then I think the weariness hit and knocked me out. Until just a few minutes ago, I thought Alex had slept through the night (mostly). That is until Steve told me he had been up with him at least two times. Oh well, at least one of us got some rest. =0)

Alex had a pretty good day yesterday. He expressed some anxiety when the butterfly showed up but after that was a real trooper. Our nurse, Vicki, even gave him a new Candy Land game.

Chemo started nearly an hour late so the neurosurgeon, Dr. Handler, came to the infusion room to check out Alex. He said everything is fine and we should see him in 3 months. Good news!!

Alex and I ate at the Red Wagon Grill at Children's after chemo then picked up Zoe from school. I had a whole 20 minutes at home before I had to leave for my appointment. Alex's mood was very good yesterday until he got tired and had to go to bed. He did not eat any dinner either. I think that will be the norm for a while at least.

I just wanted to update everyone. I know the positive energy you all send Alex on Thursdays really helps him.

God Bless and have a great weekend!
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that we're still keeping up to date all the way out here in PA. I am glad Alex is enjoying his friends at school and that you are getting a little rest even if its at Steves expense.:) We will be back Sunday evening and would like if possible to connect before we leave again. Just being away from home for a few days is hard for Aidan to understand; he really misses home and his toys, and familiar friends! Pennsylvania is very pretty, Hot!!!, and GREEN with trees and plants everywhere you look!
Lots of love and HUGS!,
Tina, Gregg, Samantha and Aidan