Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday, July 25th

Since the last post, Alex went to the Zoo and did not have a good time. He's just not the same happy-go-lucky kid anymore. I hope happy Alex returns soon though. Zoe has had fevers over 102 degrees, peaking yesterday at 104. Alex complained his arm was hurting and I noticed some swelling in his right forearm, so I called the hospital. They wanted to see him because the mediport may have been causing the swelling. Dr. Foreman checked Alex out himself and said it was not the mediport and perhaps a side effect of chemo treatments. He also said that we'd be in the hospital alot for a while (indicated months!!) until this became more familiar. I can't tell you how unnerving that statement was for me.

Alex has his first physical therapy appointment today. We are hoping it will be productive and fun at the same time.

Zoe is doing better today. Hopefully, she will return to school tomorrow.

Have a great day!
G


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your family is in my thoughts. I only know you through your writings on this blog. I am sending good mojo in hopes that your little man will have a quick and speedy recovery, and be back to bouncing off the walls.