Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday July 11th

I really don't know where to start. Alexander continues to improve every day and has even put on some weight (2 pounds!!). He went to school yesterday for his usual half day session. It was not the easiest drop-off but when I picked him up on the playground he was riding a trike and all smiles. It was very good to see. Then we had a doctor's appointment that afternoon. The nurse practitioner in Neurosurgery said his incision looks "beautiful". The sutures will dissolve and he should be good to go. Alex even got a new book out of the deal.

Alex then came home and slept through dinner well into the night, waking at 8:20p for dinner. I just can not bring myself to wake him up, but we need to get back on a regular schedule. Alex's night time sleep is very restless and we are up every 30 minutes or so trying to comfort him and stop his crying. Eventually, we just bring him to our bed. He then proceeds to push his dad out of the bed by spinning or kicking. I am desperate for a good night's rest at this point. I can handle quite a bit, but when I miss sleep my bandwidth shrinks.

I returned to the office yesterday. I had to psyche myself up just to get out of the car and walk to the elevator. I had alot of anxiety about being able to act normally and do my job. After crying at the first "How are you?" I felt better and was able to actually get some work done.

Today Alex woke up very dizzy. I called Neurosurgery and spoke to the same nurse that saw us yesterday. She said to keep a close eye on him to determine if any other symptoms show up.

I have used this morning to get numerous items off my list. Perhaps a nap will follow. Thank you all for your continued support. I often reread your comments just to keep me going. I hope you all have a wonderful day and give someone a big hug just because you can!!

G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that you have a huge support network around yourselves. We're all thinking about you and will try to avoid the stupid "how ya doing?" question.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»