Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday, April 19th

First of all, let me say that Alex has had much better days since Monday. We have some ideas as to what upset him so. Perhaps it was the new faces of the "fellow" that he met that morning. Or it could have been that it took 20 minutes to do the blood draw/blood gases from his new line. Or perhaps he was hungry and tired. We know his pulse/ox was low and that never helps anyone be in a good mood. Today, we go back to the hospital for a clinic visit. I plan to ask that no new persons see Alex and that the he not be asked to wait for anything! Hopefully, this will help him.

Well, even though the days have been better, the nights have been horrible for me. I have had some awful nightmares all very much related to our present day life. I won't tell any details here, they are just too awful. But sleep is not my friend right now and power naps have been my blessing!

So Alex is in radiation as I type. I found this computer in the lobby and decided to update the blog. This evening we have a girls' night or rather "Dazzling Dames" night. I have not decided if I want to go for Ethiopian, French Vietnamese or Mexican tonight, but no matter what it will be good to get together with friends.

Okay, gotta get. Please keep those wonderful comments coming. They really help keep us going.

Steve's mom arrives tomorrow and everyone is very excited to see her.

Make it a great day!
God bless.
G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dose of Nana, Grandma, or Mom is always good for one's spirits! Enjoy your evening with the Dazzling Dames, Wonderful Women, and Fantastic Females--whatever food you pick, I'm sure it will be a good time.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

mmmm....Mexican food. Now I am craving it, darn it. :o) I am glad the week has done better, and very sorry about the terrible nightmares. It may sound silly, but maybe if you get a dream catcher with any luck between the angels sent your way and that you can have a good dream or dreamless sleep for a change.

Sending good mojo for happy dreams to overtake your dark ones.

Shantell Gutierrez