Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday, April 3rd pt. 2

Hi everyone, well I have to say kids are amazing. Alex was very scared this morning but once the IV was out and he was in his stroller in recovery he just slept for an hour or so. As a matter of fact, we all took a nap in the recovery room. He was discharged at 3:15pm and was ready to do his PT at 4p. He did a good job too. He really works hard for Kerry and it is good to see him moving around.

We just finished dinner and I have a lot of errands to run but wanted everyone to know that Alex is happy and well. Tomorrow he goes to Radiation Oncology for a catscan and MRI to pinpoint the location of the 2nd tumor and plan out the radiation. I have no idea how long we will be there.

Zoe spent the day with her friend, Malena. These two girls are too cute together and have a great time playing. She'll be at Malena's house tomorrow as well. Thanks so much to Dean and Elena, we just met this family and they have opened their homes to Zoe and just been great to us.

Okay, gotta get.

God bless, G

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am truly going to miss having Alex here at school. I didn't get to see him a lot, mostly just in passing, or when he would work with Kris, but his smile always brightened my day. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything that I can do to help you out, please let me know.
Take care,
Emily (Sandoval SpEd)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a baby step in the right direction. Hope this finds you and your family with more smiles today.

Shantell

Anonymous said...

Hello Gwen and family -
My name is Julie O'Connell and I was informed about Alex from Laird and Stephanie Blue. I have checked your blog for awhile, but haven't left a message; I've just been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Especially now as Alex goes through this next phase in this journey. I am so very familiar with all of your emotions, as my son Kyle fought a brain stem tumor for 2 years. I would to talk to you some more and would like to invite your family to be our guests at our 5K fundraiser for pediatric brain tumors, to be held on May 20. Please contact me for more information, or, if you would not mind, please email me your home address so I can send you more information.

Wishing you peace today.

Julie O'Connell
Kyle O'Connell Foundation
julie@kyleoc.org

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen, I just wanted you to know that I am asking for many prayers and positive thought to come Alex's way over the next two months. I basically will solicit prayers from anyone who will stand still long enough to listen to the story (which isn't very hard since it is very compelling). So, I just want you to know that I love you all very much and want to be sure you know I am there for any help that I can offer with Zoe, errands, garden or anything you can think of.

Love, Tina