Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday, April 26th

DADDY'S HOME!!! YEAH!!!

Besides that, Alex has done a beautiful job this week. He looks good and is very good about taking his quiet time. We have had some looooooong quiet times lately. Steve came home yesterday and after lunch, we all had naps. His was quite long and mine was not short! I guess we are more tired than either of us thought.

It has been great having Linda around. Yesterday, she and I went to Hobby Lobby and bought yarn and knitting needles. She is going to teach me how to knit. We had our first lesson last night. I began strong but my technique soon dwindled. I hope to try again after a good nap.

So far Alex's counts have been very good and he is now down to 1mg of steroid (began at 6mg). He's doing very well off the steroids. He has started walking around the house without his super boot. His appetite is good. The front door can be open and the sunshine does not make him scream. His drool is gone and his voice sounds stronger each day. So far I would have to say that his symptoms have not reappeared!!! I can't express how hopeful this makes me feel. Gotta stay positive!!

At a local garage sale this weekend, I bought a "prayer bracelet". It has a little round cylinder with a lid. On a small piece of paper I wrote, "May Alex and Zoe live long, happy, healthy lives." So far the prayer paper has disappeared twice. I just keep rewriting it and replacing it. This last time I superglued the thing shut!!! I figure I will always have this prayer in my heart. Usually I don't enjoy bracelets and have never worn them. For some reason, this one feels right on my arm. I am really enjoying it.

Well, believe it or not, Zoe Grace turns two in just a few days. We have been preparing for her party at a local Gymboree. I can't believe she is two years old. She is such a joy in our lives. I know she will have a wonderful party with all of her friends and lots of stuff to run, jump and play on!

Okay, back to knitting! Wish me luck!

God bless and make it a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...a two year old b-day party and all of the new developments of Alex??? No wonder you are taking naps. Just thinking about it makes me tired. ha ha

Hope you have a great party and that the good news keeps rolling in.
Hugs from a stranger...
Shantell

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I love the idea of prayer bracelet--it's funny how things come to us in life in strage ways when we need them.
Congratulations on starting the process of learning how to knit--I've always been wistful of knitters.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I hope Zoe had an excellent birthday and that things are going smoothly as possible for Alex. I am thinking and sending positive thoughts for the whole family daily and wish that we had been able to see you at the party. I feel like I haven't seen you all in so long!
Looking forward to your next update.
Tina