Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday, May 20th

Good Morning,

Well we were supposed to be at the Kyle O'Connell fundraiser this morning but Alex woke up with a fierce cough and Zoe appears to have pink eye. AUGHH!! Saturday, I took the kids to see Spiderman and it was a nice visit. Spidey remembered Alex from the Orlando trip and Alex had two more pictures for him. The host, Amazing Jakes' sales manager gave Alex a large blow up Spidey and a hackey sack spidey ball. The visit was short but very sweet.

Afterwards, we had lunch at Mac Grill then Steve headed home with the kids. I went shopping at Tuesday Mornings for some outdoor pottery. Then I went to Lowe's for some flowers to put in the pots then stopped in at Costco Liquor, since I was so close and we were so low on wine, etc. Anyway, as I was driving home, I noticed that I did not feel "good" but rather kinda "sad". I wondered to myself why this was the case since I just purchased beautiful flowers and had new pots to plant (one of my favorite things!). Then I realized the big, hairy gorilla in the passenger seat was tomorrow's MRI. This realization whipped me out of my shopping coma and back to reality. (It was a nice break while it lasted) Tomorrow will either be a day of elation or despair. No one knows right now and I have to say that this SUCKS!! BIG ONES TOO!!!

Well, I still have those pots to plant. Alex is busy coloring and Zoe is looking pitiful in the playroom. Steve is walking Roxie right now. I guess the plan for the day is just to keep busy and our minds occupied. Once again, it's one day at a time!

God bless,
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I am still thinking of you and especially Alex each day! Also I keep mentioning to Gregg that we need to get him and Steve together, perhaps they need some womanly intervention. I will keep positive thoughts for your day tomorrow. Fido's PS should be calling you I extended their service until end of July. Perhaps soon we could have a grill night. I've been in need of a good excuse for making margaritas!

Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

I only wish, as I know you do, that there was something else I could do to help right this enormous wrong. With that being beyond my power, all my thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow, hoping for a positive MRI.
~Annie

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts...thanks for posting all your thoughts, feelings and events through this journey. Hope today brings good news, please keep us posted.

Shantell